- Administrative Law
- Government Law
- Land Use & Zoning
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® attorney, Santiago has been recognized as a ‘Top Lawyer” by South Florida Legal Guide and has been listed by the Legal 500 in zoning. He has 30 plus years of experience in municipal law with an emphasis on land use/zoning, including appeals, property rights, competitive bidding, and, most recently, permitting and development of out of home assets. He provides counsel to landowners and out of home companies on municipal and state law, government relations and permitting, and appears before city and county boards throughout Florida, and before various state agencies, including the Governor and Cabinet, and the Florida Department of Transportation.
Santiago has served as special counsel to various municipal governments and has represented outdoor advertising companies in connection with sign and mural ordinances, First Amendment lawsuits, related settlement agreements, FOOT administrative hearings, easements, and ground leases.
- University of Miami, L.L.M. in Real Property, Land Development, and Finance
- Georgetown University, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.A.
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional And Civic Activities
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Former Member, Miami-Dade Planning Advisory Board
- Former Board Member, South Florida Regional Planning Council
- Former Board Member, Miami-Dade Housing Finance Authority
- Former Member, Board of Directors of the FIU-Wolfsonian Museum
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2009-2015
- 2008-2010 Finalist for South Florida Business Journal Key Partners Award
- Finalist, Top Dealmaker for the Camillus House Land Swap Transaction, MDBR, 2007
- Zoning recognition in the Legal 500, 2008 and 2009 editions